What we do
Better breast cancer screening should be an universal offering to every woman in the world. Vara’s AI-powered software platform, created with screening radiologists in Germany, mitigates much of the human subjectivity associated with reading mammography results - and reduces the repetitive work screening physicians are routinely subjected to - we’re making breast cancer screening more effective, more measurable, and more accessible for everyone, everywhere. By democratizing access to early screening around the world, we deliver measurable impact backed by clinical evidence. We are partnering globally, to deliver breast cancer screening where it is needed most.
As the first company from Europe’s leading AI venture studio Merantix, Vara has grown since 2018 to become a 30-member international team. Our diverse team consists of highly motivated and ambitious entrepreneurs, healthcare professionals, and technology experts.
Further information can be found on our website: vara.ai
To strengthen our business team in expanding to Egypt, we are looking for you as an International Launch Manager (m/f/d) based in Cairo. We have already validated the market in an initial phase, found first partners and are now ready to bring AI-powered screening to millions of women in Egypt. Together with you, we would like to launch and scale our business in the country.
As an International Launch Manager (m/w/d) you will report directly to our Chief Growth Officer and will be the main representative of Vara’s business and mission in the Egyptian market. The role is specified to evolve into a country manager position once the local team grows. The following tasks fall within your area of responsibility:
- Lead the establishment of Vara in the market by collaborating with local stakeholders (i.e. strategic partner, hospitals, radiology groups, marketing agencies, law firms, and corporates) as well as Vara’s team in the Berlin headquarter.
- Acquire and maintain screening providers that want to host high-quality AI-powered screening at affordable prices by using Vara’s platform and commercial solutions as the backbone of their business.
- Supervise demand generation activities to attract new customers by assessing the KPIs of our channels (B2C / B2B / Medical) and by initiating channel mix adaptations together with the agencies and our marketing managers.
- Create convincing materials such as presentations for potential partner centers, corporates and the ministry of health.
- Represent Vara at local events (e.g. official center openings), trade shows, or speaking opportunities.
- Collaboration with our specialized tech team and our partner’s IT resources to ensure smooth roll-out of our technology.
- Be the on-the-ground point of contact for operational and regulatory topics.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity. We consider all applications equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply, and we can help with immigration.