What we do
At Looks we are building a new way of shopping makeup online by combining the potential of augmented reality (AR) with a new take on Social eCommerce. Our goal is to decrease the CO2 footprint of eCommerce while creating an inclusive experience that embraces self-love, moving away from traditionally narrow marketing beauty standards by putting the users (and not models) at the core of an hyperpersonilized experience.
We are based at the AI Campus Berlin and financially backed by Merantix, an AI Venture Studio with a track record of 7 incubated companies and more than 120+ team members employed. You will be joining an experienced founding team with experience in building and launching ventures internationally.
We want to build the go-to makeup community for Gen Z and we are looking for someone that is eager to challenge the industry by adapting it to the needs & values of our audience in new, creative ways. You will bring your expert knowledge to set it up from scratch with the support of the team.
If you want an opportunity to grow as a leader in an environment where you can unleash your full creative power while creating a massive positive impact in an industry that you are passionate about, this is it! More specifically, you will:
Produce video content in TikTok style,
Be responsible for our social media channels, designing & producing inspiring stories, posts and videos,
Independently find new, creative opportunities/formats and implement them successfully in cooperation with the team,
You support us with community management,
Work on influencer marketing, partnering with influencers worldwide,
Stay ahead of digital trends and new platform such as BeReal and Discord,
Performance marketing, to prepare our launch strategy.
What we offer
In addition to a competitive salary, you can expect the following:
- Growth as part of an innovative team supported by an ever-evolving development program that we craft for/with each of our team members from day one;
- Impact on the company’s strategy & culture of the company as an early team member;
- Flexibility and trust to own your work and hours - with the main team location being Berlin but with a flexible work-from-home policy;
- Diversity, equal rights and respect at the core of our values;
- Fun building cool products with a cool team that you’ll get to meet at company outings, Friday beers, and team lunches;
- Comfort with the equipment of your choice, free breakfast, drinks and a cool office in the newly opened AI Campus at the heart of Berlin;
- Visa sponsorship to those residing outside of the EU.
How to apply:
- Cover letter explaining what makes you the perfect candidate
- Portfolio showcasing your experience. Please use the "Other" field in the application form to upload your portfolio. Alternatively, you can also add a web link on your cover letter or CV.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about creating inclusive systems and applications for the beauty, fashion and tech industry overall, so candidates who identify with traditionally marginalised communities are highly encouraged to apply.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity. We consider all applications equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply, and we can help with immigration.