What we do
Better breast cancer screening should be a universal offering to every woman in the world. Vara’s AI-powered software platform, created with screening radiologists in Germany, mitigates much of the human subjectivity associated with reading mammography results—and reduces the repetitive work screening physicians are routinely subjected to—we’re making breast cancer screening more effective, more measurable, and more accessible for everyone, everywhere. By democratising access to early screening around the world, we deliver measurable impact backed by clinical evidence. We are partnering globally, to deliver breast cancer screening where it is needed most.
As the first company from Europe’s leading AI venture studio Merantix, Vara has grown since 2018 to become a 30-member international team. Our diverse team consists of highly motivated and ambitious entrepreneurs, healthcare professionals, and technology experts.
Further information can be found on our website: www.vara.aiTo strengthen our business team, we are looking for you as an International Growth Intern (m/f/d) for 3-6 months at our headquarters in Berlin. Together with you, we would like to scale and expand our existing business in Mexico and into other countries in the near future.
As an International Growth Intern (m/w/d) you will report directly to our Chief Growth Officer and assist with go-to-market planning and subsequent execution. The following tasks fall within your area of responsibility:
- Lead the development and continuous improvement of core business processes between Vara and our strategic partner in Mexico, e.g. reporting and finance processes.
- Support in all phases of cooperation with our strategic partner in Mexico, e.g. in the strategic planning and execution of growth initiatives tailored to the Mexican market.
- Assist in the commercial scoping of other international markets and support with detailed desk research on specific growth opportunities.
- Conceptualize go-to-market approaches in other international markets that take into account the local market specifics.
- Setting up meetings and related preparation with potential strategic business partners, incl. briefings and presentation materials.
- Preparation of business cases for the economic validation of different go-to-market approaches.
- Support fundraising activities for our upcoming investment round by taking over fundraising-related work packages.
- Be closely involved in the exploration of future international entity setups with strategic partners (M&A, Joint Ventures, etc.).
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity. We consider all applications equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply, and we can help with immigration.