What we do
The Merantix Venture Studio guides ambitious talents to build category-leading AI ventures – from ideation over incubation to scaling. We have orchestrated and invested in leading ventures across all industries such as BioTech, HealthTech, Business Intelligence or Sustainability. Our team consists of over 140+ entrepreneurs, scientists, and engineers from diverse backgrounds and the world’s leading companies and universities, and we are backed by global investors such as Softbank, Transpose Platform, and Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
Deeply rooted in our DNA is the belief that in order to transfer cutting-edge research to stand-out ventures we need to work collaboratively. Therefore, we have not only cultivated a global network of partners but also built a physical home for the AI community in Germany with our AI Campus Berlin where we work and exchange with other ambitious minds.
Your mission: We believe that only interdisciplinary and development-conscious teams can build successful AI ventures. Building such teams, guiding them on their development, shaping their culture and the strategic direction of their people competence asks for your expertise, people skills and drive! As sparring partner you will:
- Build a (Founder) talent network and foster the employer brand of Merantix for leading AI talent through various strategic initiatives;
- Counsel our Founders and their early teams to help recruit and build world-class teams;
- Advise our ventures to develop strong leadership and personal development programs and become the “go-to” person for advice and counsel in all people and culture matters;
- Coach the Founders and their early team in building a culture that prides in an environment that strengthens our ventures as an amazing, productive, diverse and dedicated place to work and grow.
We define ourselves by a culture of ownership and collaboration. We are looking for driven, capable, visionary and prudent talents with proven track records of personal, academic and professional achievement:
- 7+ years in a people function, with min 2+ years in a leadership role at a fast-paced work environment;
- Strong passion for building and enabling deeptech teams;
- Experience in assessment, recruitment, team building, and people development;
- Ability to advise and partner with Founders and other executives;
- Experience developing and implementing systems to support a fast scaling team while maintaining a people-first approach;
- Proven track record of managing a demanding workload, balancing multiple tasks and priorities, and switching gears seamlessly.
What we offer
At Merantix we encourage passion, we build on trust and we are part of a community. You are a great fit for our team if this describes you:
- Independent but collaborative;
- Entrepreneurial mindset: creative, focused, and not easily discouraged, even in demanding situations;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly innovative environment where ambiguity is the norm;
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to step back and contextualize the problem and its root;
- Love what you do (and own it).
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity. We consider all applications equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply, and we can help with immigration.