What we do
Merantix Momentum is an external Machine Learning provider that develops tailored AI solutions across industries in e.g. healthcare, automotive, retail or fin-tech. We take advantage of three core competencies: our extensive experience in machine learning, our expertise fostering enterprise partnerships to assemble vast datasets, and our culture of rapid iterations to build scalable products.
This position is extremely versatile since you will be interacting with both our in-house engineering and business teams as well as with our clients (business units and IT departments). You will provide pre-sales support (meetings with prospects, conceptualizing and contributing to offers, managing the technical and architectural parts of RFPs, etc.) and you are part of the project delivery team as a solution architect. This role can involve marginal coding activities on certain project but the majority of coding shall be done by our in-house engineering teams.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- As a Solution Architect for AI Systems, you will be responsible for the architecture, design and delivery AI solutions in our client projects.
- You provide technology consulting on the technical infrastructure and processes for operationalized AI as well as the necessary data architecture and governance processes.
- You assess the clients’ “AI maturity”, determine technical feasibility for various business cases and develop a high-level architecture that fits into our client’s IT landscape.
- You serve as a moderator and mediator between our in-house AI engineering and research teams, who are part of the delivery team for our projects, and the technical and analytical teams of our clients.
- In the project delivery, you will be coordinating our in-house technical and platform architects and the data and enterprise architects of our clients.
- You ensure a smooth transition of delivered projects into production.
- You will provide pre-sales support to our sales team early in the project acquisition phase.
- You will actively reach out to the community and develop thought leadership in the field of operationalizing AI solutions for corporates and SMEs by means of blog posts, conference presentations, meetups, etc.
The ideal candidate has a solid track record as a full-stack software engineer, tech lead or architect with experience in designing and implementing data architectures and operative ML solutions. You have experience with corporate culture and the challenges it poses implementing modern data and ML solutions.
You combine a deep technical expertise with sound business judgment reading the ROI of the envisioned AI solutions. We are looking for driven, capable, and visionary people with proven track records of personal, academic, and professional achievement.
You would be a great fit if you have:
- You have a degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience in professional software development for at least 3 years
- You know the open source landscape of ML tools, frameworks, publicly available data and models
- You have a sound understanding and overview of current data technologies (big data batch processing, streaming, modern cloud-based DWHs, MPP databases, etc.)
- You have hands-on experience with Microservices and container orchestration.
- You know the service landscape of at least one of the major Hyperscalers very well and you have at least an entry-level certification for a cloud or solution architect from that cloud provider.
- You have excellent technical and analytical problem-solving skills, with the ability to step back and contextualize the problem and its roots.
- Fluency in English and German
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity. We consider all applications equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply, and we can help with immigration.