What we do
For centuries, we have been extracting materials from nature to build the physical world around us. At Cambrium, we are working with rather than against nature to create the materials you can touch, feel and see every day. We are using proteins as molecular building blocks to create materials that are more sustainable and better performing than current alternatives. We have built a highly automated and data-driven platform to engineer proteins at an unprecedented scale and commercialize novel materials across multiple industries.
Cambrium is incubated at Merantix, an AI Venture Studio which conceptualizes, builds and scales machine learning companies. Our company builder network is made up of more than 100 engineers, scientists, and entrepreneurs from leading universities. Many of us hold a Ph.D. and have gained experience at top-tier tech companies.
We are looking for a Business Development Intern
who will be responsible for identifying and executing new business opportunities for our platform. You will have ownership from ideation through to pilot customer acquisition, taking an active role in shaping the future strategic direction of the company. You will work together with the CEO and Business Development Manager to develop and implement a go-to-market strategy for selected end-applications.
- Identify and prioritise new application areas for our data-driven platform
- Conduct market sizing, competitor analysis and initial customer development for new application areas
- Source and acquire selected pilot customers and potential strategic partners
- Assist with project management for our key customers and strategic partners
- Design and prepare pitch decks to support fundraising efforts
What we offer
Our hierarchy is flat and communication direct, which means that we operate and learn fast, as a team. In addition to a competitive salary you can expect the following:
- Flexible working hours as we believe in ownership and trust
- Learning & Development Program for all our team members
- Regular team events and intensive exchange with all Merantix companies
- Free drinks, snacks, and breakfast
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity. We consider all applications equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply, and we can help with immigration.