What we do
Better breast cancer screening should be a universal offering to every woman in the world. Vara’s AI-powered software platform, created with screening radiologists in Germany, mitigates much of the human subjectivity associated with reading mammography results—and reduces the repetitive work screening physicians are routinely subjected to—we’re making breast cancer screening more effective, more measurable, and more accessible for everyone, everywhere. By democratising access to early screening around the world, we deliver measurable impact backed by clinical evidence. We are partnering globally, to deliver breast cancer screening where it is needed most.
As the first company from Europe’s leading AI venture studio Merantix, Vara has grown since 2018 to become a 30-member international team. Our diverse team consists of highly motivated and ambitious entrepreneurs, healthcare professionals, and technology experts.
Further information can be found on our website: vara.ai
We are looking for a talented team member for 5-6 months starting Summer 2022, who is eager to disrupt the healthcare industry with AI. You will take full ownership of strategic projects that are aimed at positioning our medical products in the market and will help us execute the operational implementation in a hands-on manner. Your main responsibilities can include the following:
- Evaluate strategic options with in-depth analysis, e.g. new product features, use cases, distribution models, pricing, data partnerships.
- Synthesize insights from epidemiology and public health publications to support the conceptualization of go-to-market approaches that take into account the specifics of each country.
- Support our Sales team with market research, creation of sales material and preparation of meetings.
- Support in all phases of piloting a newly acquired international partner.
- Coordinate projects such as grant applications or marketing campaigns.
We define ourselves by a culture of ownership and friendship. We’re looking for driven, capable, visionary, and thoughtful people with a proven track record of personal, academic, and professional achievement:
- Undergraduate degree from a top-tier university, we accept applications from a variety of academic disciplines; Master's degree is a plus.
- Professional experience (e.g. through internships) at a leading technology/healthcare company, management consultancy or in a similar fast-paced environment.
- An analytical mindset and the ability to think critically.
- Long-held interest in technology and healthcare, both personally & professionally.
- Entrepreneurial drive, willingness to take responsibility, high ambition and the ability to achieve goals collaboratively.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with customers and partner
- A deep understanding of the healthcare industry or a strong network of decision-makers and executives in the healthcare space is a plus.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity. We consider all applications equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply, and we can help with immigration.