What we do
Our mission is to empower businesses to make data-driven decisions faster and more effortlessly than ever before. Therefore, we are building an advanced analytics platform using machine learning to reason why key performance indicators change.
Our company is built at Merantix, a Venture Studio focussing on artificial intelligence. This means that we are part of an ecosystem of top-tier engineers, scientists, and entrepreneurs from leading universities who will help us along the way.
Joining as our Senior Software Engineer…
- You shape the company and its vision from the ground up.
- You build, maintain and run cloud-native backends for data processing and analysis, as well as the data ingestion, and transformation pipelines.
- You operate the cloud infrastructure that runs our backends.
- You provide APIs to build user-facing applications on top of our data backends.
- You mentor other engineers.
- You participate in the overall design, architecture, and integration of our subsystems.
- You plan, gather requirements, and communicate with stakeholders.
- You drive the technical decision-making process.
We are looking for you if…
- You are proficient in Rust or other comparable systems languages and willing to learn Rust.
- You are skilled in cloud services and the architecture of distributed systems.
- You are experienced in a scripting language such as Python and statically-typed JVM languages such as Scala or Kotlin.
- You have a working knowledge of data processing frameworks such as Spark, Flink and distributed databases such as DynamoDB, Cassandra.
- You have an understanding of data warehousing.
- You are interested in numerical analysis/computing.
What we offer
We invest in your future - learning & development programs will help you on your career path
We believe in trust and ownership - flexible working hours, flat hierarchies as well as regular feedback are part of it
We live our values - a dynamic, diverse and very motivated team which support and mentor each other
We promote our culture - regular team events and intensive exchange with all Merantix companies
We offer a strong base - drinks, snacks, muesli and fresh fruits at our office at the heart of Berlin
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity. We consider all applications equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply, and we can help with immigration.